Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mom Stringall in her buggy w/ Dad



I was looking through the few old photo's that I have and thought these were neat. One is just of mom and the other of my mom and her Dad pushing the buggy with her in it. I know this type of buggy wouldn't be very practical now days, but I love the wicker style, and to think it is all hand made. My sister inlaw made an ink drawing of it one time that was really beautiful. I hope someone in the family has that inking. This photo was probably taken in 1905 sometime, and was probably taken in Gerneville, CA.

2 comments:

Doodlestreet said...

I never forgot this photo. I just love it. Isn't it crazy how things were back then. Can you imagine them recalling a buggy like this back then? I bet they never even heard of such things. Times were so simple then...course, people only lived to age 40, so I guess today has it's advantages...just teasing.

Anonymous said...

Sis, keep the old photos coming. I love what you are doing.
m-lee