Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Old Pictures


I thought this picture was kind of interesting. They are of Dad, Mom, Bro Bob and myself. They must have been taken in 1934 or there abouts in San Francisco, as that was where we were living at the time. Love the car and find the style of mom's cloths a little weird, and a bit over done, but that was the style then.
She may have made them as she did a lot of sewing, as she did all the time we were growing up. She even made the boys jeans during the 2nd world war, as you couldn't buy many of them.
When I was young you didn't go to San Francisco without hat, gloves and dressed to the hilt. That was in the late 40's and early 50's. No long pants, shorts or what ever like it is today. The 60's sure changed that with the hippy movement.

1 comment:

String said...

Such a great blog, seeing these old pics...I never realized how much Chris looked like Dad as a kid! And I had YOUR haircut! Wow!