Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Family Picture.


Here is a family picture that Dad took of us when I was in my later teens. He was into taking pictures and developing them himself, as he, I am sure, enjoyed learning all about photography. He was a man of many talents, and if he wanted to know something he went about teaching himself. This one is of himself, mom, me, Bob, Dick and Mlee. He dabbled in photography for quite a few years. I remember when we went to the San Francisco World Fair he took a lot of slides, but I don't remember a lot except it was a huge place and I was only 9, almost 10. If i remember right Gpa and gma Stringall went along also. Dad and Mom also went to the ice Follies several times and of course Dad took a lot of slides. They were beautiful, and often wondered what happen with the all the slides he took. Dad even got into tinting some pictures himself and that interested me too.

8 comments:

Doodlestreet said...

I've always really enjoyed looking through the photo albums of all these pictures of when you were growing up in San Jose. These are such sweet photos and it's interesting to hear your stories of that time. With each post I hear more little stories and things I didn't know before.
Gosh, I didn't realize papa was so tall! I bet that is where Dennis got his height from. Wasn't Den 6' 4" or something like that?

Cjjstrings Memories said...

Yes, Den was 6'4", but gpa wasn't all that tall as Mom was only about 5' 2" Gpa was about 6'or 6'1" I think, but he was a big man.

Doodlestreet said...

I remember grandma taking out this dress once, and put it out on her bed and showed it to me. It was sooo TINY! Especially the waist. She said it was her mothers. Boy, her mom was really small...

Cjjstrings Memories said...

When I get my scanner working I will send you a pic of your Gt. gma and you can see how small her waist was. Mine was small when I was younger before kids as it was 21", so maybe I kind of took after her, but a more modern version.LOL Hers was a lot smaller than that.

Doodlestreet said...

Yeah, I got the smaller waist too..well, not as small as it was in my 20's!! But then the ol' stringall hips made up for that!! THANX!

By the way, where did our HIGH BUTT come from!? hahaha...ooOps!

Cjjstrings Memories said...

I think that came from Gpa's side.

Cjjstrings Memories said...

I think that came from Gpa's side.

Anonymous said...

grandpa, Dad, was 5' 11"
Self taught in his many pursuits.
Tall for his time.