Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Hadacal special


Here is a picture of my brother Bob's first car and he called it the Hadacal special. Hadacal was a laxitive at that time, and guess he thought that a cool name for his first car. He had it all torn apart tin the pic, he but got it back together OK , as I remember. Then he talked me into driving it. No license or anything. I did OK until I pulled back into the driveway again, and didn't get it staighten out, so I took out one of my Mom's favorite bushes. I was needless to say in the dog house big time. That was the first stick I tried to drive. Eventually I did learn to drive a stick, but I was about 52 years old.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great car. I remember Bob letting me back it out and then forward again, thus taking out part of the right front headlight. Do you remember Bob taking the top half of the car off leaving only the bottom half of the car.

m-lee said...

Thanks for all the great memories and pictures of how much fun we had. m

Cjjstrings Memories said...

No, I hadn't remembered he took the top off, but now I think of it, it is vaguely familier. It was a great car. I guess between us we tried to do it in.LOL

m-lee said...

I love your blog, where is the next addition. I can't wait.
m-lee

Doodlestreet said...

Hhahahhah! I think that was just your way of getting out of having to do extra yard work!! Just tear the damn stuff out! Hhahaha!

(Hmmm...that's a good idea, actually) ;o)